Print  
Author Topic: DIR  (Read 8145 times)
Gooey
A God (big g) in the Fujak world

GUE 2

View Profile
DIR
« on: July 20, 2008, 11:42:37 AM »

Rick, when you have a spare minute, id like to discuss ratio deco and standard gases.....

*******************************************************If you are going to do it, dont do it with HARVS!!! *************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
JD
YBOD Pilot
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 12:13:46 PM »

How about you ask Craig to insert a specific DIR area? It will make it easier for us to find the posts we want to take the piss out of.

JD

Drilling holes is just boring.....
STisaflog
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 01:29:53 PM »

How about you ask Craig to insert a specific DIR area? It will make it easier for us to find the posts we want to take the piss out of.

JD

JD obviously that want to have a chat on how to get bent!!!!!!
Gooey

GUE 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 04:39:57 PM »

Harvs, hows things going mate......ST....... what would that stand for??? Not an awe inspiring instructor and director........

BTW ive heard its good to use seal saver on your drysuit seals when you store them and dont use them for awhile!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

*******************************************************If you are going to do it, dont do it with HARVS!!! *************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
JD
YBOD Pilot
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 05:45:27 PM »

"awe inspiring"? Really?
Seriously, you guys need better role models. If a melbourne homocide detective is your idol, let me lend you Underbelly.......
I think he is already going steady with Jase Ace anyway!

JD

STisaflog
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 09:09:25 PM »

"awe inspiring"? Really?
Seriously, you guys need better role models. If a melbourne homocide detective is your idol, let me lend you Underbelly.......
I think he is already going steady with Jase Ace anyway!

JD

JD are you suggesting that the Dark Knight has a new Robbin?Huh?  be careful tiger...harrassment?Huh? AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE ON THE LIST!!!!!!!!
JD
YBOD Pilot
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 09:14:38 PM »

Good point. Was Chris invited to China? You know what holiday romances are like, once you get home things are never the same.
I am on the list, and with you now dealt with, I am one step closer......

JD

STisaflog
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 09:21:34 PM »

I don't think so, Ace doesn't like a third wheel affecting his trum!
onwardsupwards

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 09:04:26 AM »

Karl you really should be a bit more sensitive to the feelings of others. There are many and varied reasons for not being able to dive and you really shouldn't be making fun of other peoples misfortunes.
You may be in the same position yourself one day and be relying on the support of your dive buddys through hard times.Harvs, if theirs anything I can do to ease the pain of your forced absence just let me know. Maybe some lessons in ratio deco, standard gases, team awareness to help pass the time.
Anytime buddy. 

Do It Right or do it somewhere else
STisaflog
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 02:23:30 PM »

Karl you really should be a bit more sensitive to the feelings of others. There are many and varied reasons for not being able to dive and you really shouldn't be making fun of other peoples misfortunes.
You may be in the same position yourself one day and be relying on the support of your dive buddys through hard times.Harvs, if theirs anything I can do to ease the pain of your forced absence just let me know. Maybe some lessons in ratio deco, standard gases, team awareness to help pass the time.
Anytime buddy. 

On...with sentiments like that you are the kind of buddy I can really call a friend. I think it is time you distance yourself from gooza and you will surely lift your standing in the dive community by hanging around with me......can I interest you in a dive at Ewans?Huh
Gooey

GUE 2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 04:30:17 PM »

Rick i think maybe this once you could "branch out" and dive with a *NON-GOOEY-DIVER*..... it maybe good for cross relations.... but be warned, if you dive in ewens with harvs youll prob need to use a reel... the first and second pond are only about 6-7 m deep, not sure if harvs bouyancy is that crash hot, thats why he prefers the deeper dives, more room to bounce up and down Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

STisaflog
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 04:45:47 PM »

Rick i think maybe this once you could "branch out" and dive with a *NON-GOOEY-DIVER*..... it maybe good for cross relations.... but be warned, if you dive in ewens with harvs youll prob need to use a reel... the first and second pond are only about 6-7 m deep, not sure if harvs bouyancy is that crash hot, thats why he prefers the deeper dives, more room to bounce up and down Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Goo....are you diving Tank yet?Huh... and you paid over a $1k to fix your bouyancy right? Grin
Gooey

GUE 2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 05:53:45 PM »

Diving Tank isnt a representation of a skill level... merely a level of certification reached, an entry level of skill to that cert level mind you too. The requirements of the CDAA are abit lackluster and perhaps they implement a 'recertification' policy........ then lets see if all of these tank cave divers and long time pen divers are all up to scratch and leading the way!!! Shocked Shocked

That 1k i spent on a particluar course was some of the best value for money things i have ever done... and i would hold the value of that cert card much higher than being pen rated (one day).

I know many people with lots of cert card and have dived across the world.... doesnt mean s#*t... i wouldnt dive past 15m with them..... but if saying you are/ were/ am but not allow too, a tank cave diver allows people too think they have reach a almighty level of skill,so be it... id rather dive with someone that actually realizes their strengths and weaknesses, cos we all have them ( we all cant be JJ), realizing them only makes you strive to be better, rather than become complacent being a tank cave diver...

JD
YBOD Pilot
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 06:24:01 PM »

Isnt this novel! It almost sounds like a serious conversation!

Karl, although I do not totally disagree with what you have said, as a proud CDAA diver, I do not think it is fair to compare a fundies or tech1 course with a cave course. They are 2 seperate things. A cave course (be it cave or pen) is certainly not there to teach buoyancy. If you are doing the course, you should have your shit together. If the instructor on either course has to teach trim, you shouldnt be there.
Did you get taught lost line searches on GUE courses? Did they teach arrows? Cave diving is cave diving, tech diving is tech diving. Being certified by GUE to use helium to 45m is not the same as a pen course.
Plenty of GUE and DIR divers have failed the pen course, and some have even failed cave. DO NOT think because you have completed GUE training that you will breeze through the pen program. These failed divers are not numpties either, they are divers who I consider excellent. Better divers than the 2 of you have failed to meet the required standard, so be plenty careful with your attitude going in.
In saying that, if you need any help, or have any questions, I am happy to assist where I can.

JD

Gooey

GUE 2

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 07:21:00 PM »

JD, i see your point, but by no means was  i trying to compare the two, just simply stating that i place great value on the GUE training than   CDAA training..... dont get me wrong, its is , to a degree a good agency of training, the content fundamentals are good, just the techniques are old and outdated!!! Regardless of which agency you prefer to believe in, we can all say the current courses touches on most things that need to taught, it also teaches of alot of old and useless cr*p!!!!

No way i think because im GUE trained that the pen course will be a walk in the park........what i was saying, im sure there are plenty of current pen divers, that at their current diving standard, would and should prob fail the course  if they had to redo it tomorrow..... not due level of knowledge.... because of their skill level which has fallen, due to becoming complacent as big 'tank divers'!!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: