News: RantFUJAK is open for business...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: NeHeo?  (Read 12210 times)
ph
A God (big g) in the Fujak world

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2009, 08:30:26 PM »

sowhat do you guys think....?

yes for an OC trimix computer only.....the deep stops seem to be the issue?/

Ian T
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 07:32:27 AM »

Bottom timer or Tec2G in gauge mode. All you need. $600 max.

VR3, Liquivision, NeHeo, Nitek He... Bah, you guys will buy anything. Same reason that telemarketing shows on TV work, all swept up in the hype and marketing. I wonder where JDs and Craigs fan-dangled computers are at the moment....

The best dive computer is the one in your brain, not on your wrist. LEARN your deco.
JD
YBOD Pilot
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 10:01:11 AM »

When you can tell me what the stops are for a 60m dive for 20 mins, using 10/50 and switching to air diluent at 40m on CCR, I will give up the computer. Until then, keep your Gooey ratio deco to yourself.
When my RB was not operational, all I had was a 2G in gauge mode, and I got out, so I do have some idea of what I am doing. I will still use something which is a shitload smarter than me though.

JD

Drilling holes is just boring.....
Ian T
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 10:44:15 AM »

Would these guys know ?

www.dirrebreather.com

Wink
JD
YBOD Pilot
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 12:06:44 PM »

Cedric Verdier! Please, dont make me laugh...!
He is the guy who lied about a depth record in a cave, said he went, and it was later proven by Mike Gadd that he didn't even get close. Sort of destroyed his reputation. Up until then he seemed to be quite respected. I didn't really like the way Dr Mike went about it though.

JD

Drilling holes is just boring.....
ph

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 03:45:12 PM »

just answer the bloody question will you, without the obvious fucken gooey response
onwardsupwards

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 06:01:13 PM »

just answer the bloody question will you, without the obvious fucken gooey response

The initial question was to the suitability of the device as an OC computer.

IT responded that all that was required was a bottom timer and tables. (fair comment.)

JD then introduced an RB deco example, somehow expecting ratio deco to provide an answer ?

The usual anti DIR shitfight then begins  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

There have been numerous posts on this and many other forums explaining the rationale and logic behind ratio deco. None of it suggests that ratio deco is a suitable tool for using in complex RB deco calculations.

In fact the parameters in which ratio deco is used in an OC environment, well documented and taught in GUE T1, T2 training classes,
is available to anyone able to google. Try, RATIO DECO EXPLAINED.

If you obviously intelligent people, ( some exceptions), stopped pulling your dicks over FUJAK beanies on door handles and took five minutes to try and comprehend ratio deco (with its obvious limitations when used outside its intended parameters) you might be surprised at to its efficiency and suitability for technical diving.
Regards RWN 111

Do It Right or do it somewhere else
onwardsupwards

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 06:51:13 PM »

When you can tell me what the stops are for a 60m dive for 20 mins, using 10/50 and switching to air diluent at 40m on CCR, I will give up the computer. Until then, keep your Gooey ratio deco to yourself.
When my RB was not operational, all I had was a 2G in gauge mode, and I got out, so I do have some idea of what I am doing. I will still use something which is a shitload smarter than me though.

JD

You could always ask your buddy ROFL

Ian T
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 07:07:58 PM »

I am interested in exploring whether for a CCR there is something akin to Ratio Deco. As JD says, he uses 10/50 dil for deeper than 40m, and for shallower, Air Dil.

Given RD is just an approximation to a numerical deco algorithm, surely something similar can be calculated. The benefit here is JD having determined the gas that he uses for his dives ( 10/50, Air and O2). Given these are constant, set point is constant, only depth and time of dive varies.

I'd be interested in seeing for a 60m dive, BT of 10,15,20,25,30 mins up to 60 mins, and then seeing if there is some approximation numerically that could be made. Interesting (to me anyway).
onwardsupwards

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 07:55:43 PM »

Run it through deco planner, look for consistent ratios?

Ian T
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 08:17:17 PM »

I would have already if I had decoplanner.
Craig
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 09:20:58 PM »

I would have already if I had decoplanner.

Well, why didn't you ask...?

If you're gunna do it right stop crapping on & bloody-well get on with it
Craig
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 10:46:32 PM »

So, out of idle curiosity, could the RD aficionado's advise what the deco/runtime would be for:
Travel gas 27/34 swapping to bottom mix 12/60 at 40m
100m for 10min on 12/60
75m for 5 min
60m for 5 min
50m for 5 min
40m for 10 min swapping to 27/34
35m for 15 min
21m swap to 50%
9m swap to 80%

Runtime?

C
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:51:38 PM by Craig » Logged

If you're gunna do it right stop crapping on & bloody-well get on with it
Ian T
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 07:36:31 AM »

Craig,

Ratio Deco is an approximation to a deco schedule that uses specific breathing gases (Standard gases, Such as 21/35, 18/45, 15/55, 12/65, 10/70).

Hence you cant use Ratio Deco for the dive plan you have proposed below.
Ian T
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 11:41:28 AM »

The initial question was to the suitability of the device as an OC computer.

IT responded that all that was required was a bottom timer and tables. (fair comment.)

JD then introduced an RB deco example, somehow expecting ratio deco to provide an answer ?

The usual anti DIR shitfight then begins  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

There have been numerous posts on this and many other forums explaining the rationale and logic behind ratio deco. None of it suggests that ratio deco is a suitable tool for using in complex RB deco calculations.

In fact the parameters in which ratio deco is used in an OC environment, well documented and taught in GUE T1, T2 training classes,
is available to anyone able to google. Try, RATIO DECO EXPLAINED.

If you obviously intelligent people, ( some exceptions), stopped pulling your dicks over FUJAK beanies on door handles and took five minutes to try and comprehend ratio deco (with its obvious limitations when used outside its intended parameters) you might be surprised at to its efficiency and suitability for technical diving.
Regards RWN 111

Anyone else find it disturbing that RN is talking about 'pulling your dicks' and FUJAK beanies, with his corresponding avatar...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: