News: RantFUJAK is open for business...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Dry suit repairs  (Read 6083 times)
onwardsupwards
A God (big g) in the Fujak world

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2010, 09:03:12 AM »

Had some delamination of the red panels on the TLS 350, so carried out the following repairs.
Stitching had worn away from abrasion against rock etc, panels are stitched through all layers of material in initial construction then sealed along the inside seam.
As the stitching get worn from the outside the red panel seperates from the underlying material.
Cannot be resewn as this would mean resealing all the inside seams.
Have glued them using Selleys urethane bond, supposed to be waterproof but we shall see.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 09:09:32 AM by onwardsupwards » Logged

Do It Right or do it somewhere else
ph

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 11:56:41 AM »

Had some delamination of the red panels on the TLS 350, so carried out the following repairs.
Stitching had worn away from abrasion against rock etc, panels are stitched through all layers of material in initial construction then sealed along the inside seam.
As the stitching get worn from the outside the red panel seperates from the underlying material.
Cannot be resewn as this would mean resealing all the inside seams.
Have glued them using Selleys urethane bond, supposed to be waterproof but we shall see.

JD had stiching come apart on his on the leg, I noticed this when I borrowed it...I think they are a really crap suit, not a patch on durability compared to my diverite....... although I hear if you are a male and get a female DUI they can work well...just ask Taylor!!!!
yellowneonhood
Stroke - and proud of it!

DIR snorkelling systems

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 05:25:09 PM »

Speaking of Diverite drysuits,....I have a virtually brand new one right here that I wanna sell. It's a blue/black 905 - nothing wrong with it,  brand new seals, suit is guaranteed to have no leaks, problem is it's a diverite and would be better off being used as kindling, or perhaps cut up into little peices and used as patches on a real drysuit. $700 ono. like new. but yeah - diverite....sorry. How is Tony Davis nowadays?, great product Tony! WOO!! go Diverite.

PADI Tech Snorkel Certified.
JD
YBOD Pilot
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 05:52:18 PM »

My suit had the stitching come undone like PH said, and they fixed it under the 7 year warranty. Should have sent it back Rick!

I am having kneepads fitted, new socks and a hole fixed at the moment, I will show you once it gets back.

JD

Drilling holes is just boring.....
ph

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 08:41:50 PM »

Speaking of Diverite drysuits,....I have a virtually brand new one right here that I wanna sell. It's a blue/black 905 - nothing wrong with it,  brand new seals, suit is guaranteed to have no leaks, problem is it's a diverite and would be better off being used as kindling, or perhaps cut up into little peices and used as patches on a real drysuit. $700 ono. like new. but yeah - diverite....sorry. How is Tony Davis nowadays?, great product Tony! WOO!! go Diverite.

yellow...the fact is the diverite suit is far better han the dui dir version.....BTW what size is your 905
onwardsupwards

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 07:37:48 AM »

My suit had the stitching come undone like PH said, and they fixed it under the 7 year warranty. Should have sent it back Rick!

I am having kneepads fitted, new socks and a hole fixed at the moment, I will show you once it gets back.

JD

Bought the suit second hand from George so I think it had seen a pretty hard life out west. Don't think warrantys would cover that scenario.

JD
YBOD Pilot
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 08:06:16 AM »

Mine did. In fact they commented on how trashed the suit was, but on how good the zip and seals were.

JD

onwardsupwards

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 10:32:51 AM »

Mine did. In fact they commented on how trashed the suit was, but on how good the zip and seals were.

JD

Did you buy new?

JD
YBOD Pilot
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 11:43:51 AM »

Yeah, but my understanding is the 7 year warranty applies anyway, as long as it is a manufacturing fault (which stitching is)

JD

yellowneonhood

DIR snorkelling systems

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 04:43:28 PM »

yellow...the fact is the diverite suit is far better han the dui dir version.....BTW what size is your 905

hmmm size..not exactly sure - I can send you some measurements if your interested. It would suit someone about 170 - 180cm tall , medium to slim build - is that any help?

JD
YBOD Pilot
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 05:47:39 PM »

Look on the sleeve first, there is a D it is standard size (not husky). The samll/med/large is on the inner back.

JD

ph

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 08:21:07 PM »

hmmm size..not exactly sure - I can send you some measurements if your interested. It would suit someone about 170 - 180cm tall , medium to slim build - is that any help?

I could be depending on the size
ph

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 08:55:47 PM »

Yellow...answer my fucking question..........
diversurfer
Fully Fujakified

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »

ph,
 he doesn't want you to get the suit.Wink

A.S.

Wreckaholic...........
yellowneonhood

DIR snorkelling systems

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 05:48:34 PM »

Yellow...answer my fucking question..........

Now now calm down.

It's a size 'C'.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: