News: RantFUJAK is open for business...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Storm Whistle  (Read 2070 times)
JD
YBOD Pilot
Global Moderator
A God (big g) in the Fujak world

View Profile WWW
« on: June 18, 2010, 08:40:24 PM »

I read about these on Dive Oz, and decided to order one. Firstly, they are bloody loud! Mainly due to the pitch, which is quite high, but these things are amazing!
I went to the website, and they were US$5.50ea. Quite cheap, so I put one in the cart. Then the postage. US$15 for a plastic whistle! Anyway, long story short, I worked out I could order 4 without the postage changing, so that is what I did.
Therefore, if anyone is interested, I can sell you one for AUS$10, just email me and I will get one to you. I am going to carry one on my SMB for boat dives from now on. Could be a life saver, or I could never use it, but cheap insurance I think.

JD

PS: They are in 'Safety Orange' not 'Tec Black', so that may exclude some of you!!

Drilling holes is just boring.....
Gooey

GUE 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 07:01:15 AM »

Damn

*******************************************************If you are going to do it, dont do it with HARVS!!! *************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
ph

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 11:56:46 AM »

bit of an over kill for 30m decompression diving 500m of shore dont you think!! lol lol
JD
YBOD Pilot
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 02:10:12 PM »

A few things I have read had me thinking. When we dropped 3 divers 14nm offshore, and the skipper decided not to go and get them, that was the first thing.
There has been a thread on DiveOz with simular stuff (thats where I read about the storm whistle) which made me think. I am putting together a small kit. SMB goes without saying. I always carry a torch, be it a HID or my Intova LED. Now I have a whistle, and am looking for one of those small CD's to use as a signal mirror.
I figure if I can get Patto to make a bag which holds all this stuff it is worthwhile taking. I even thought of a small water bottle when I saw those foil squeezy type containers. Not decided on that yet. Pretty easy to clip off a bag with a survival kit for each dive.

JD

Drilling holes is just boring.....
ph

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 04:23:03 PM »

A few things I have read had me thinking. When we dropped 3 divers 14nm offshore, and the skipper decided not to go and get them, that was the first thing.
There has been a thread on DiveOz with simular stuff (thats where I read about the storm whistle) which made me think. I am putting together a small kit. SMB goes without saying. I always carry a torch, be it a HID or my Intova LED. Now I have a whistle, and am looking for one of those small CD's to use as a signal mirror.
I figure if I can get Patto to make a bag which holds all this stuff it is worthwhile taking. I even thought of a small water bottle when I saw those foil squeezy type containers. Not decided on that yet. Pretty easy to clip off a bag with a survival kit for each dive.

JD

well if you must

http://www.diverite.com/products/catalog/backplates/backplates/bc1035
leaky
Fully Fujakified

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 01:00:47 PM »

LOL!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: